Fire brigade

In 1942, when the original nitrogen plant was built, the management already recognized the fact that fire protection was both sensible and, due to the wartime situation, vital. In addition, at that time it was also clear that in the case of an emergency, rapid assistance should be guaranteed. This could only be provided by a company fire service, which would also be able to respond speedily to internal, operational requirements.


At the end of the 1990s an increasing number of companies took up residence at the Chemie Linz location and the Chemiepark Linz was founded. One objective was to bring these companies under the protective umbrella of the fire service. Therefore, in order that it could handle this assignment, the service was allocated an autonomous role through the foundation in 1999 of the Chemiepark Linz Betriebsfeuerwehr GmbH, which was entered into the company register at the Linz provincial court under the number 178148 h. The motive behind this spin-off into a separate company was to secure the independence of the fire service from individual firms in view of the numerous enterprises in the Chemiepark. 


The owners of the Chemiepark Linz Betriebsfeuerwehr GmbH are Borealis Agrolinz Melamine GmbH, DSM Fine Chemicals Austria Nfg GmbH & CoKG, Nufarm GmbH & Co.KG, Nycomed Austria GmbH and Chemserv Industrie Service GmbH.


The Chemiepark Linz industrial fire service is entered in the Upper Austrian Fire Service Register. Moreover, following a decree from the Upper Austrian government dating from August 13, 2007, Chemiepark Linz Betriebsfeuerwehr GmbH was legally authorized to carry out rescue and ambulance services at the Chemiepark Linz.